Access Control Technician
SUNY New Paltz
- Construction / Skilled Trades
- Security / Protective Services
SUNY New Paltz seeks qualified applicant to support the campus wide access control system. This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Duties will include:
• Install and maintain all components required for a fully functional access control, security/panic alarm, and CCTV system
• Utilize the monitoring tools to proactively resolve issues
• Use current work order system to manage calls, document problems and solutions
• Document techniques and procedures
• While not common, must be available to respond and troubleshoot issues onsite and remotely outside of the core work hours.
• Install, troubleshoot, and repair panic intrusion alarms and work toward migrating them onto the S2 Access Control System. This shall include panic buttons, motion detectors and like devices.
• Schedule and coordinate battery replacement for wireless locks, intrusion detection panels, and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS).
• Maintenance and repair of onsite door control hardware and electronics including door strikes, card readers, RTE/REX devices and all applicable hardware components of a properly designed Access Control System.
• Assist with telecommunications voice and data installation and repair as needed.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a commercial environment installing and maintaining intrusion/panic alarms, security and access control hardware, security cameras, and associated hardware.
• Must have experience with remote monitoring software for both access control systems and intrusion detection.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of DC electricity.
• Ability to read and understand basic wiring diagrams and floor plans.
• Additional skills required include: ability to maintain good record keeping, oral and written communications skills, use of basic office applications such as MS Word and Excel.
• Experience working on voice and data telecommunications systems: installation, trouble shooting and repairing of Cat3, Cat6, Cat6 and fiber optic cable.
• Ability to install cable raceway and conduit, as per industry standards.
Electronic submissions required. Please apply by visiting
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy:
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Access Control Jobs
- View more Construction / Skilled Trades Jobs
- View more Government Jobs
- View more Security / Protective Services Jobs
- View more SUNY New Paltz Jobs